Terms and Conditions
1. A non-refundable fee of $25 (inc. GST) for one entry or $40 for two entries or $50 for three entries, together with the entry form and one visual of each work submitted for consideration, must be received by organisers no later than 5pm Friday 3 January 2020. The name of the artist, title of the work and direction for viewing should be clear on each visual (e.g. OUTBACK SCE-NE_BILL SMITH_IMAGE 1.jpg). All images will be sized at 2MB and in jpeg format. Images can be uploaded directly on the prize website found at www.matildacentre.com.au or electronic versions are acceptable (USB) sent via mail (entry form completed and included). No refunds of entry fees will be made under any circumstances. All fees can be directly deposited to: Winton Shire Council, BSB: 084990 ACCT: 509011458 Please include your full name as the remitter and a record of the confirmation number (e.g. mc55112234)
2. Entries must be the original unaided work of the entrant executed within one year prior to the closing date—5pm, 3 January 2020. Entrant age eligibility 18 years and over. No wet artworks accepted. Artworks must correspond to the theme—Outback: A Sense of Place. NO PHOTOGRAPHY or DIGITAL WORKS accepted. Accepted mediums include Painting, Drawing, Textile, Relief Print or Sculpture.
3. All 2D works must be suitably framed ready for hanging—D RINGS TO A MINIMUM SIZE OF 10MM MUST BE USED and placed 10cm from top of frame. Ceramics and Sculpture must have suitable stands, supports or a flat base where necessary. Three dimensional works must not exceed the carrying capacity of two average sized people and weight must allow for easy transpor-tation. Any artwork not suitable presented or a of a fragile nature may be excluded for the display. Maximum framed size for painting 1m x 1m (total weight 4kg); for 3 dimensional works 60cm (square).
4. The selection of finalists works will be undertaken by the judging panel from the visuals submitted. Please provide quality images of your work. Artists whose works are selected will be advised by Friday 24th January 2020.
5. ONLY SELECTED works for the prize must be delivered to Waltzing Matilda Art Prize, c/- Waltzing Matilda Centre, 50 Elderslie Street, Winton, Qld, 4735, no later than Friday 28th February 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
6. The entrant is responsible for freight and insurance on all works dispatched and return of unsold works. The prize will not be responsible for any lost items or late items in transit. Proper packaging of any work is the responsibility of the entrant. All care will be taken with the works but no responsibility for loss or damage will be accepted.
7. All works should be clearly marked with the artists name, address, title of work, medium, dimensions, sale price which should agree with details on the entry form.
8. Only the Major First Prize for this competition is acquisitive for the total prize money total of $10,000. All works must be for sale. A commission of 25% plus 10% GST on commission, will be retained on any works sold. Where the entrant is registered for GST, the stated sale price should be GST inclusive, and an ABN must be supplied. Where the entrant is not registered for GST either an ABN must be supplied or the declaration on the entry form regarding hobby status, must be completed. Payment of sales will be made within 30 days of the closing of the exhibition.
9. Final judging will be conducted at the Outback Regional Gallery. The an-nouncement of the awards will take place at the official opening on Friday 6th March 2020. The judges decisions shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Judges will select finalists works that best interpret the theme: Outback—A Sense of Place. People’s Choice Award will be an-nounced at the discretion of the gallery.
10. Any works acquired by the Outback Regional Art Gallery collection may be reproduced and used for any future promotional and display purposes by the Winton Shire Council and the Waltzing Matilda Centre. The artist and the artist’s gallery (if applicable) will be acknowledged in such material.
11. By completing and signing the entry form, entrants shall allow their works to be reproduced without charge, for publicity, catalogue and archival purposed in association with the exhibition.
12. All works shall be held for the duration of the exhibition.
13. The organisers undertake to repack unsold works and return to entrant via nominated freight transporter to be paid for by the entrant. Entries unclaimed within one month of the close of the exhibition shall become the property of the Waltzing Matilda Centre, and may be disposed of.
14 The placement of all finalists works within the exhibit will be at the discretion of the prizes appointed curator.
For any enquiries, please contact us.